Pages

Monday 31 October 2016

The amazing Botanical Gardens!


It was a beautiful day the sun was shining the birds were chirping and the skies were blue just the kind of day we all needed when we went to the Botanical gardens on Thursday the 13 of October. The whole School went to the Botanical gardens in Manurewa for the whole morning,we went by bus to get there. Once we got to our destination we got split up into two groups but we all still had to stick together as a class, I was with Mrs Hoeberigs. In my group it was Tupouseini, Pupuke, Leaaepeni ,Leilani, Katrina, Saluselo, Tyron and Henry. We got to see different types of flowers,plants,trees,and animals. While we were walking around I could hear loads of movement throughout the walking we all did. I heard bees buzzing around, flies, water raging through the woods, wind, ducks , cicadas. I heard loads of things but mostly wind. I could smell rotting wood and really bad smelling soil it was to much to explain. I was so excited because I got to see other parts of the gardens and learn more about how individual plants grow. My  favorite part of going there was the rose garden because we had the opportunity to smell the flowers they all slightly smelt the same but the small purple one smelt like raro. I also liked the rose garden because it had different types of flowers. Now for my favorite plant and why? My favorite plant was the magnolia flower because everywhere you looked there were different colored magnolias, they were really beautiful. I had lots of different sculpture I loved but I loved one that had spades (shovels) piled on top of each other because we could make different things out of it like, a pinecone, porcupine, spikes heaps of things. It was awesome fun at the Botanical gardens and I really want to go all over again. picmonkey collage

piiiiiiicccmonkey

No comments:

Post a Comment